Friday, January 28, 2011

Excercise and the shame spiral - my story of self sabotage.

Ok.  So I did my first 2 work outs with my trainer on Wednesday and Thursday.  Alex is awesome.  She's not a yeller or a pusher (too much) but she knows how to encourage.  I actually found myself pushing myself harder than I imagined.  She would tell me to do a set of 12 and I would say "No, I can make it to 15."  Who the heck do I think I am???  LOL!  My stomach was pretty sore on Thursday at work, and I almost cancelled my workout that night.  But I knew that would not be the right thing to do.  So I went and worked out and I have felt great all day until........

It was a friend's birthday and we got off work early, so we went out.  Mistake #1.  I broke every band rule there is I think.  I made a bad food choice, I ate too fast, I ate too much, I didn't chew enough AND I drank while I was eating!!  Holy schneikes Batman!!  So now I am in my shame spiral.  I was driving home thinking I am so stupid and what if I stretched my pouch.  I would be like the first idiot in history to stretch an empty pouch.


UGH!  I do not like myself right now...and I usually LOVE myself.  Someone kick me please.


But I will be back on the band wagon tomorrow.  Another work out session at noon.  Sorry for disappointing my supporters.  (Hanging my head now...)

Good night kiddies.  Tomorrow is a better day.

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up, it takes repeated incidences to stretch a pouch! You'll be just fine. :) Everyone slips up a little in the beginning (I know I have!), and the band is resilient. Continue loving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, your pouch is fine! What a great trainer you have and it sounds like you are really pushing your body too. That should help your spiril not last as long.

    ReplyDelete