Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I throw myself at your mercy...

I know, I know.  I have been a bad blogger.  I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks since my surgery.  It really has flown by.  Now this last week on liquids is another story.  I don't think it will ever end.

So let's go back to where I left off....

Surgery was easy.  I am minorly in love with Dr. Martinez.  I think he and I had a nice little moment in the OR when we were discussing Mexican music....that may have been my imagination or the anesthesia, so don't tell Casey.  Like I said, I went back to the hotel the night of the surgery and I went back in to the clinic for them to check me over the next day.  Then on Thursday morning we went to the airport and came home.  I did end up paying for an extra seat on our Southwest flight so we could have the whole row to ourselves.  This is THE BEST money I ever spent.  That would have been a long 8 hours jammed in a row with someone else.  Seriously, if you are going to travel for surgery spend the extra at least on your flight home.  It is more than worth it!!  And Southwest was awesome - they let me preboard and sold me the extra seat at the discount fare I originally paid.  They have made me a customer for life!! 

I was so glad to get home and see my babies.  And they were zonked from all the play time they had at the kennel, so we pretty much rested over the weekend. 

That's Buddy sleeping on my pillow!!  LOL.  He's so cute!

On Sunday I didn't want to put ANYTHING in my mouth.  I mean serioulsy I had no desire to even drink water.  Casey kept telling me I needed to drink, but of course I know everything and no one is the boss of me!!  Needless to say Monday morning when I got up to get ready for work, I was a HOT MESS!!

I almost passed out in the shower, and then I thought I was going to throw up.  I didn't puke, but I heaved and basically let out a huge burp.  I think it was just the gas, and once I burped I felt better.  But when I thought I was going to throw up I was praying and scared.  I learned my lesson.  I have been a good girl since then. 

I also have come down with pityriasis rosea.  It started before the surgery, and I thought it was just my nerves making me itchy.  Turns out it's a virus like chicken pox, and I have SUPER itchy red bumps all over my torso, thighs and biceps.  I kinda feel like God is playing a joke on me!!  Not enough to have surgery, but to be itching like I rolled in poison ivy too???  For real??  I went to my PCP last Wednesday and she said there's really nothing to be done and I just have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to go away.  Ok, if you say so.  I may not have any skin left after clawing it off for a month, but whatever you say, you are the medical professional.

Basically I have just been working and hanging out at home itching.  I have been a little tender in my port site - some days are worse than others.  I was not hungry at all till about day 12.  Which was this past Saturday.  I know now that I am going to have to really watch myself on the weekends.  That is traditionally when Casey and I drive around and we always seem to be eating something.  So I think I was miserable on Sunday while we were out just becasue NORMALLY we would stop and eat out somewhere.  Well, "Normal" is going to have to change for me, right?

I am ready to get past 21 days so I can start eating regular food again, working my band and finally get back to doing some exercise.  I want to see about setting up some sessions with the trainer at the gym so he can give me some input about how to tone and strengthen while I'm losing. 

OH!!  I forgot to even say - I lost 9 pounds in the first 8 days after surgery.  I haven't lost any more since I went on to full liquids, but I think it is becasue I'm drinking Ensure for meal replacement and it has way more carbs than I would like, but it's keeping me from having no energy and I need that right now.  Dr. Miranda told me not to stress on losing right now anyway - the liquids phase is about healing, not losing.  I can live with that.  I mean, I didn't GET fat in 3 weeks, so I know it's not going away that fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment