Thursday, January 13, 2011

Just sayin...

So first I have to vent...I don't understand people some times.  I'll give you a little back ground.  My parents had their own business when I was growing up.  They worked really hard to give us a great childhood, and even though I didn't always appreciate them then, I know they always had our best interests in mind.  That being said, my brother was born when I was 6 and a lot of my childhood after that revolved around being a caregiver for him.  I paid a lot of consequences for his stupid kid stuff, and it might not have been fair, but I love him so much I don't care (anymore...lol).

So anyway,  2010 was a tough year.  My brother's wife left him and he is now a single dad of my 4 year old niece.  He is an awesome father.  They live in the mid-west, so I don't get to see them too often and that bums me out.  I found out last night that his ex-mother-in-law had the FREAKIN' NERVE to tell him that his ex-wife misses her daughter, but not him.   WHO SAYS SH*T LIKE THAT???

I mean, seriously...what kind of stupid heartless person would say that to someone who is just trying to make it as a single parent, and is still healing from a divorce that completely blindsided him??  I want to fly out there and beat the crap out of her.

Ok.  I'm done with that rant.  So now for a goal-setting moment.  My mom told me last night that her parents are flying out for Memorial Day to visit them.  I haven't had the best relationship with this set of grandparents.  They are continually calling us fat and making comments about our weight (me, my brother, my husband.)   When my Granny asked to see my wedding ring, she didn't say it was beautiful she looked at it and said " Wow, your fingers are fat..."  It was so bad a few years ago when we were on vacation in NC that we started calling our annual family vacation "Fat Camp"  LMAO!!  I love Fat Camp, and even when I lose weight I still want all vacations to be Fat Camp.

I digress...So I was thinking about going out for Memorial Day too just to rub my weight-loss in their faces (mature, I know.)  I want to be down to 275 for the trip.  I now have 19 weeks to lose 51 pounds.  That comes out to 2.68 pounds per week.  Totally manageable!!  After that my next goal will be to get down to 260 which would get me out of the "Super Obese" category..LOL!!  260 is also the last weight I know I was before I got married.  That would be awesome.  I obviously want to be a more in-shape, more toned version of myself at 260, but 260 sounds good!!

So off I go into the wild blue yonder...happy Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goal! I have a small tip if you like! Carnation instant breakfast (sugar free). I lived off these for a few weeks...(8oz every 3-4 hours a day and small healthy supper) I did this to lose the weight I needed to before surgery.

    Again good luck with the Memorial DaY Goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goal! And Holy cow that is crazy that they (the ex wife and your granny)would say crap like that!!!!!! Keep up the great work and the positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete